I'm down to one month left before I return to the US!
In the last post I mentioned that there were some big changes happening around here- first, the building (formerly Presidential Palace, now Government Palace) where I worked was turned back over to the Iraqis, so I had to move to a new building. I now work in the new US Embassy in Baghdad which you may have seen mentioned on the news when it was officially opened last week. Second, I lived just behind the old palace on land that is also being given back to Iraq, so I had to move my "home" as well. I didn't go very far, but I do now live in a fancy new trailer. By fancy I mean it has internet.
In non-Iraq-related news, Google also released Picasa for Mac. Picasa is a (free) photo organizing, editing, and uploading program that I highly recommend. The Mac version was just released at the beginning of the year. I saw a nifty slideshow on Jess' blog and I'm going to put one here with my palace pictures. I couldn't upload these pictures before because you weren't allowed to take any, but now that we don't work out of there any more that's no longer an issue.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment