The Inauguration was over a week ago, but I wanted to share this panorama by photographer David Bergman. If you haven't seen it you should look, it's pretty cool. http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c And if anyone is curious about what it was actually like to attend the inauguration you should look at Jeff's blog - www.jeffmentzer.com - where he shares a good recount of his January 20th on the National Mall.
IN IRAQ - today begins the first day of voting in the latest Iraqi provincial elections. The bulk of the votes will be cast on Saturday.
Here are some facts about the elections (from Reuters)
* Iraqis in 14 out of Iraq's 18 provinces will vote to select members of provincial councils, whose duties include choosing provincial governors and provincial administrations.
* 14,431 candidates are registered, including 3,912 women. They belong to more than 400 parties or groups.
* Parties that win three or more seats must give every third seat to a woman.

1 comment:
I've been really bad at keeping in touch :o\ Sorry. I need to get caught up on your blog. Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment