Recently, I've moved work from the Iraqi Presidential Palace to the largest US Embassy complex in the world, and I've moved my living location from one trailer to another, strikingly similar, trailer. I was going to put some photos of that up, but instead I've decided to talk about the Joy of Christmas. Today I thought I had received a package from my amigo Jeff that we had all but written off as lost. I thought "neat, I was just talking about that this morning." The next surprise followed quickly when I looked at the package and realized it was, in fact, from my sister.
Waiting inside I found multiple bundles of gift-wrapped joy, tucked in tissue and bound with reindeer, santas, ribbons, and bows. Everyone loves getting presents at Christmas, except maybe people with psychological disorders that claim not to "love" it, but I contend this is less a lack of love than a case of confusion. Everyone also loves late presents, possibly even more than on time presents, but I will leave your opinion of this to you (think about it though, why would there be so much talk of "Christmas in July" if people did not actually want Chistmas in July).
While it may be true that "this is mainly all useless crap" it is also blogworthy crap so I'm going to share some of it with you. Even though you can't actually have these things you can have some joy when you see what I got.
So here's what I got...
North Pole Pal - "This is most likely horrible to eat but I find it entertaining"
Mountain man santa
2009 Calendar: Nuns Having Fun
Plastic Crab: Check out this action shot!
EPEACEP Stocking (started: full, now: empty). EPEACEP? What the hell does that mean?
What celebration of the birth of Christ would not be complete without the image of J.C. on a t-shirt?
And much much more! Good crap, thank you sister.





4 comments:
mountain man santa a.k.a. christmas cowboy. don't forget "thank you Craig" he's almost family now we have to include him
That stuff is NOT crap...you use it to barter with the natives (just talk really LOUD and SLOW) to get native stuff braided from camel hair and stuff.
that's awesome, my boyfriend got his dad that same calendar. I loved the nuns on sleds...
=jcow
1. "almost"
2. it IS crap, though you are correct that crap for crap trade is holding at 1:1
3. next time it snows we're putting on our nun-fits and going sledding. into traffic (don't worry cars will stop for nuns)
Post a Comment