Tuesday, June 10, 2008

JVB Cribs

JVB stands for Joint Visitor's Bureau, that is the organization that owns the "hootch" I live in. Some who live here on Camp Victory live in tents, but for me hootch is synonymous with trailer.
Each one gets an air conditioner, which is nice. It doesn't always look like this, sometimes the sky is very blue, but not when there's a sandstorm. I live in one half of one third of a trailer, the center unit here.
















This is the view of my side of the trailer from outside the door, looking in. The specks in the photo are dust in the air, like I said we were in a sandstorm when I took these pictures.
















Here is the view as you step in the door and look right. I haven't even turned on the TV in two months, but there it is. I do watch movies sometimes on my computer. There is no free internet yet, which would be nice. You can pay a heavy rate for a dial up speed, but I refuse.
















This is the view from next to the TV. On the floor you can see the magical reflective belts we are required to wear in our workout clothes. The box is the one I brought my computer in so I could put it in my checked baggage. I keep the keyboard in there unless I'm using it to keep the sand off/out. I always have the computer turned off if I'm not using it, to keep sand from getting into it (I hope).





















Here is what I see from my bed.
















This is my carpet. I didn't always have a carpet. It's much nicer to get up and stand on the carpet than it is to stand on the floor.





















Here's the other side of the trailer. Dave lives here, he is in the Air Force and went to OU. This picture is from outside the door too.





















This is both sides of the trailer with the row of lockers that separates them.
















This is what you see when you look out my door. The bathrooms and the showers (in SS 16) are what you see when you step out the door and look left. There are some other bathrooms with toilets that flush and sinks with water that runs, but that's a slightly further walk.















THE END

1 comment:

Yessy said...

wait a minute... that all looks very cosy and dorm-like but the port-oh-potties??? You have to use port-of-potties!?

that sucks.

=jcow