Sunday, March 16, 2008

Welcome to Baghdad

I have arrived in Iraq. Actually this is my eighth day here which is convenient because I will be working 8 days a week for the rest of my time here. I didn't put anything on here because I can't get onto this site from my work computer, which I am glued to all day (at least for the time being). As I said before I am a trip planner, which means I plan trips. Right now I have seven trips, which is fairly time consuming. I will add updates to this about where I live, where I work, what else there is to do besides work, etc. but if I say it all now then I will have nothing to say later. And I haven't even taken any pictures and we all know postings (like this one) without pictures are no fun. I wanted to put my address though because people have been asking about it. So here it is:

LT Jacob Belvin
MNF-I CMD GRP/SCJS
Unit 91400
APO AE 09342

The cheapest way to send things is probably via the USPS's new flat rate priority mail box. I think it costs 10.75 to get here. The details are at www.usps.com/supplies, then find the "flat rate APO/FPO box." You can get it at post offices, that's just where the details are.

Of course letters and such will be considerably cheaper and they are welcome.

I don't really need anything, but if you want to send something I'm not going to complain.

1 comment:

Allison and Mickey said...

Thanks for the address, we'll be sure to send ya somethin ;)