A few people have asked me to update the blog. It has been a while because I've been rather busy between catching on to everything I have to do/know and having a lot of work to do at the same time. It's slowing down though so it's time for an update.
1.) I am in Baghdad at Victory Base Complex (VBC)- I work in Al-Faw Palace, like I said before. The things on the internet say that it's filled with ornate decorations and looks amazing, but then scoff at places where plastic substitutes for actual marble and gold, them ridicule the cheap construction and flashy facade. I assure you, it's grandeur exceeds that of my palace, or your palace, or any of those writer's palaces. I will post some pictures of that, and of some other noteable things on VBC.
2.) I live in a trailer, a temporary trailer (the trailer is as permanent as a trailer gets, my residence transient) for now, but the location is nice. I move into my permanent trailer in a few days. I'll put some pictures up of that, which will actualy become a "villa" when I move in.
For now I will just put up this card, one of many we got from some school children somewhere. I don't think he is familiar with Southpark, so I will dismiss his portrayal of American soldiers as floppy-headed Canadians as completely accidental. He seems excited about us winning though, which is nice. If you have questions or there are things you want to see let me know and I'll try to put them up.

1 comment:
silly kiddo...terrance and phillip arent fighting the war. i like that he jazzed up the card with some motivational stickers. youre like the bear catching the fish. way to go (yeah!) miss you lots!!
Post a Comment