aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. I've been back at work over three weeks, and just today I am looking through tired eyes at the blog post I previously e-mailed to myself (I can no longer post to the blog from my work computer, so I have to shift to snail's pace to post from the internet café ). I am going to entirely revise it now, as I realize that e-mail was sent to myself by myself over three weeks ago.
Due to what I sarcastically suspect was careful planning and detailed analysis that I've come not to expect from my workplace, a team that I can only assume consists entirely of experts had the foresight to book over two weeks of all expense paid 100+ hour work weeks for me upon my return. For those of you in the United States... fret not! Your taxpayer dollars were not wasted on any type of what I believe is referred to as "overtime". Were that the case you can rest assured that I would feel horrible.
I recall telling one of you that I would be busy, but would have ample time to participate in such leisurely pursuits as exercise and "not-working some". I would like to apologize for lying to you.
On the upside, however, my boss here is a rather witty fellow who appreciates the irony and humor abundant in weeks most gloriously epitomized by those such as the two that have just passed. He has made the situation far more tolerable by donning a red clown nose at appropriately hilarious moments, and by providing me with an identical nose that I am free to use as I see fit.
I was going to post some Australia pictures here, but instead I'm just going to redirect you to my picasa page in the interest of getting this up at some point this month- http://picasaweb.google.com/jakebelvin - the link is also listed on the right side of this blog.
I will post two pictures of me at work that someone just sent to me, which makes up for 1.5 months of no blog posting (3 weeks each). I never realize how short my hair is until I see pictures of myself.
Stay safe,
Jake

Due to what I sarcastically suspect was careful planning and detailed analysis that I've come not to expect from my workplace, a team that I can only assume consists entirely of experts had the foresight to book over two weeks of all expense paid 100+ hour work weeks for me upon my return. For those of you in the United States... fret not! Your taxpayer dollars were not wasted on any type of what I believe is referred to as "overtime". Were that the case you can rest assured that I would feel horrible.
I recall telling one of you that I would be busy, but would have ample time to participate in such leisurely pursuits as exercise and "not-working some". I would like to apologize for lying to you.
On the upside, however, my boss here is a rather witty fellow who appreciates the irony and humor abundant in weeks most gloriously epitomized by those such as the two that have just passed. He has made the situation far more tolerable by donning a red clown nose at appropriately hilarious moments, and by providing me with an identical nose that I am free to use as I see fit.
I was going to post some Australia pictures here, but instead I'm just going to redirect you to my picasa page in the interest of getting this up at some point this month- http://picasaweb.google.com/jakebelvin - the link is also listed on the right side of this blog.
I will post two pictures of me at work that someone just sent to me, which makes up for 1.5 months of no blog posting (3 weeks each). I never realize how short my hair is until I see pictures of myself.
Stay safe,
Jake



1 comment:
Jake - I am so sorry to hear that you are stressed by your 100+ hr workweek. Now I feel guilty for not having prepared you better for the real world...perhaps I should have given more assignments in Mt. Geog.
Post a Comment