Thursday, May 15, 2008

A heartfelt story the goodness of mankind


Sometimes I put my sunglasses on before I open the door and sometimes I don't. Either way blinding light abruptly welcomes me daily as I leave for the palace. If my doorway faced East perhaps the morning light would vaporize me before the evil demons of the day could seek me out. Instead it faces away from the sun whose powerful rays must twist and bend, sneak around the door, and pull me into the morning. A few days ago I met the sun, stepped down, turned left, and looked to see the alarming sight of nothing. My bike was gone.


















Disappointed and uncertain, I left a note.

Two more bright mornings passed that the eager anticipation of hope was squelched by the empty spot outside the door.

I returned home and with pleasant surprise found that my bike had found its way back.