Honestly I have nothing to do but sit here and think this stuff up. There isn't even a line for the computers now though, which is nice. I hate computer games but I don't think minesweeper counts, mostly because I'm playing that right now. And Facebook pirates, I never got into it but then somebody just stole all of my booty and now I'm out to sea doing whatever it is that pirates do, and then throw and arrrr on there. The other thing to do here is be tired of the sand. One way to do that is to make up clever little acronyms about the desert, the military loves acronyms. Our favorite right now is FTD, I'm not going to tell you what that one stands for though, maybe flowers. The reason we're stuck here in Kuwait is the sand, there's lots of it here and it blows. All over the place, it's blowing so much the resulting sandstorms are delaying our travel. We have a few more days of training before we're allowed to leave, but we have to get to training before we can be trained. Anyway, the sand is like a fine powder so it gets in everything, shoes, shirts, eyes, lungs. There's even a cloud of it in the "DFAC," pronounced "D"-Fack, which sounds pretty gangsta when you learn that it stands for "Dining Facility," like someplace G-unit would dine. This is only when it's windy though, when it's calm you do not have to taste the air. And we wear brown "neck gaiters," think of them as tube tops for your face. They are good at keeping the sand out. There are also these arab style headdresses they sell in the store here and are apparently authorized in uniform over here. The military is so hard core they don't "allow" things, they "authorize" them. And if it's not authorized it's a "Negative," like the Flight of the Conchords song about the robots in the future.
What else? Yes the finger... the picture is pretty gross and I debated posting it or not. It wasn't a Clinton/Obama style debate, it only took a second and the outcome was never really a question. Someone did request that a take it down using a great number of exclamation points; I'm guessing to emphasize that they would like it removed. The next thing I read proclaimed the gangrene photo "a total punisher" and, as such, it will remain.
Someone put this cartoon up on the door to our tent, it about sums up Camp Virginia.
Frame 1- Jon: "What was that?"
Frame 2- Jon: "I though I heard something"
Garfield: (Oh, What ...)
Frame 3- Garfield: (That was just the sound of my life force being sucked into a shrieking vortex of infinite boredom.)
Jon: "There it is again"
Jon: "There it is again"

No comments:
Post a Comment